Thirteen Foreign Bodies
This one is inspired by Kate, who has her own thirteen posted.
1. An artificial fingernail, removed from an adult's ear. Ouch!
2. Cockroaches, too many to remember.
3. Facial mud mask dried to the consistency of concrete, removed from the ear of a crazy person.
4. Black-eyed pea, removed from a young girl's nasal passage.
5. Silly putty, placed in a child's ear (as an ear plug) by a common sense-challenged mother.
6. Red string removed from my son's nose. And the shoemaker's sons go shoeless . . .
7. Half a pigeon head removed from an 18-month-old's larynx. Oh yes, more common sense-challenge parents to blame.
8. Countless pennies and nickles removed from little itty bitty esophaguses from Los Angeles to San Antonio.
9. A truly nasty meat impaction in the esophagus. When Alec Baldwin was learning how to play a doctor, he was watching me and my junior resident tackle this one.
10. Bamboo in the neck following a motorcycle accident.
11. Numerous bullet fragments recovered from the neck and face. Yes, we really do love to throw them into a metal bowl, so much that we usually do it over and over again, because it's things like that that make being an ENT worthwhile.
12. A rock of crack, which I wrote about here.
13. And enough childrens' beads to weave a size 14 wedding gown.
Leave a comment, and I'll link to your Thirteen list here.
Schooligan gives us a wine list!
Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged!
Yatta yatta yatta. Boy, am I sick of that paragraph.