This meme comes from Pat, to whom I say: five truths? Only five? Hey, this is like a Thirteen, only 62% easier. Or something like that.
Before I give ya five, don’t forget: the Blogwhorgy is still going hot and heavy, and the sperm-swallowing contest is open, too. Just scroll down the page.
List five truths. Five things that are on your mind. Good, bad, it matters not. Lift some weight off.
1. In one form or another, love is the most important thing in my life.
2. To all those geezes who complain to me, “The Golden Years? Meh. They’re not so golden,” I say this: being alive to bitch about it sure beats the alternative.
(I think I’ve blogged this conversation before, but it’s worth repeating.
Me: So, how are you doing today?
My 80-something-year-old patient: I woke up on this side of the dirt, so I’d say I’m doing pretty damned good.)
3. There’s only one form of afterlife that’s guaranteed: the bits of ourselves we leave behind in others. And no, I’m not talking about STDs or unwanted pregnancies.
4. You know that injunction, primum non nocere? I realize that no matter how hard I try, I’m going to hurt a few people in my life — strangers, patients, loved ones. I might know this but I still try my damnedest to avoid it.
I’ve built it up into a neurosis, I think.
5. Here’s what blogging means to me: some of my best friends are people whom I’ve never met in person.
Damn, that was tougher than it looked. If I had to do thirteen, I’d plotz.
Then pick five people to do the same.
Aw. You would have to make me tag people.